I'm a little late on this one; however, this year officially begins in February for me. Considering that I'm starting a new job on Monday (the 1st), its only appropriate that I start all other resolutions at the same time, right??
I have a feeling that this year is going to be good and filled with exciting changes. A new job, bigger goals, hopefully additions to the family, an addition to the house (fingers crossed - if you know a good contractor, please send him/her my way), and more... So, here's my list of what I want to accomplish/change this year:
- 6 hour half IM
- 22 minute 5K
- core work 2 times per week (at least)
- weights 1 time per week (for next 3 months; then increasing to 2 times/week (at least))
- 2200+ hours (and really, I have through the end of January 2011 to do this)
- join an HBA committee (oh, and join HBA)
- develop a business contacts list
- attend one networking event every 8 weeks (at least)
- open a money market account (or other high yield savings) - HELP here maybe!
- eliminate all credit card debt
- establish savings account for anticipated expenses (i.e., vet, car maintenance, birthdays, weddings) -- also will help to prevent credit card use
- cook dinner 2 times per week (at least)
- take lunch to work 2-3 times per week
- limit eating out to 2 dinners per week (and continue to decrease)
- learn to make cashew candy (this incredibly tasty marzipan candy that we had in El Salvador)
- finish Little Mermaid and train cross stitch projects
- become less judgmental
- see myself as others see me
The "General Goals" are the terrible ambiguous type goals that cannot be quantified or ones that you don't really know when they are achieved. I'm happy to put these goals out here and use the blog as a public checklist. With regard to the athletic goals, those might not happen this year. I'm going to work towards them; however, other things may take a priority.